Facts about water and dehydration
The facts tell us to drink plenty of water, but what are the reasons why? Below are some facts about water and dehydration – more reasons to love Awesome Water!
- Water acts as a lubricant for your muscles, joints and organs, which we all use whilst exercising
- Thirst can be an early sign of dehydration, so don’t let yourself get thirsty! Keep drinking water regularly
- 75% of your muscles are water
- Being hydrated aids the regulation of body temperature and blood pressure
- Aids and protects vital organs such as those in your digestive system
- Dehydration can cause lack of perspiration, shrunken, shrivelled or dry skin, low blood pressure, increased heart rate, fever, and in severe cases even unconsciousness
- People who live and work in higher altitudes are more prone to dehydration
- Approximately 60% of our bodies are water (although this can vary depending on factors such as age, gender, and diet)
- Generally, females have less water percentage in the body as opposed to males, mostly due to the fact that women have a higher percentage of body fat
- Babies and infants have a much higher water percentage in their bodies, as opposed to elderly individuals
- During breastfeeding period, it is recommended that you drink approximately 3.8L of water a day!
- Nearly 97% of the world’s water is salty or not potable (safe to drink)
- Humans can live nearly a month without food, but only less than a week without water
- Water has three different states: solid, liquid and gas
- Awesome Water puts minerals back into your, such as potassium and magnesium
All these reasons and more are why you should drink AWESOME WATER!